TAKE THE MARRIAGE SATISFACTION QUIZ
Record your feelings about your marriage by rating each “I Am” statement below from 1-10, with 10 being very pleased and 0 being not at all pleased.
1) Pleased with the amount we talk to each other
2) Happy with the friends we share in common
3) Satisfied with our sex life
4) Satisfied with the amount of time each of us spend at work/home
5) In agreement with the way we spend money
6) Pleased with the kind of parent he/she is
7) Of the opinion that we are on the same team
8) Pleased with our leisure time together
10) In agreement with values, attitudes, religious beliefs
11) Pleased with the way my spouse relates to his/her family
12) Satisfied with the way my spouse relates to my family
13) Pleased with my spouses habits, mannerisms, overall appearance
Total Your Score _______
Adapted from Marital Myths Revisited:
A Fresh Look at Two Dozen Mistaken Beliefs About Marriage – by Dr. Arnold A. Lazarus.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR SCORE
More than 84 You have a VERY GOOD marriage
72-83 You have SATISFACTORY feelings and interactions
61-71 You need to make some BASIC CHANGES
Less than 60 You are experiencing a POOR level of satisfaction
TRANSFORM YOUR RELATIONSHIP
Know matter your score, your marriage can be improved so that you experience more joy than grief. People who believe that nothing can be done to improve a bad marriage are incorrect. Many throw up their hands at the possibility of saving their once-happy marriage. Though it may be difficult, it is absolutely possible, to transform a poor marriage into a great one!